Carpenter / Carpenter Apprentice
Nova Scotia Building Supplies (1982) Ltd. - Blockhouse, NS
We are looking for an enthusiastic carpenter/laborer to join our expanding Installed Sales team! In this role you’ll perform tasks involving physical labor at construction sites. Tasks may include operating hand and power tools, surveying and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment. May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support and erect scaffolding, clean up rubble, debris and other waste material. As needed, you may be called upon to assist other trades workers.
• Unload tools, prepare building site materials, stack building materials, and set up equipment.
• Read blueprints, drawings, and sketches to fully grasp job requirements.
• Cut, shape, and smooth lumber and other material according to planned measurements.
• Complete all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
• Safely operate a variety of hand and power tools.
• Ensure regulated and proper headgear, gloves, safety glasses and clothing are worn.
• Assist in building scaffolding and temporary structures.
• Follow project instructions from install manager and/or supervisor.
• Must be capable of climbing ladders, scaffolding, and other construction structures.
• Required to take any and all safety training required courses for the job.
• Other duties as assigned by the Installed Sales Manager and Store Manager.
• A safe work environment
• Competitive wages
• Employee discount
• Employee and Family Assistance Plan
• RSP plan
• Paid Holidays and Snow Closure Days
• Clothing Budget
• Opportunities for growth and career advancement
• Closed Sundays
• Good people to work with!
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Email your resume to:
Store Manager, Curtis Saulnier
Drop-off or Mail your resume to:
Nova Scotia Building Supplies (1982) Ltd
459 Highway 325, Blockhouse, N.S.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Nova Scotia Building Supplies (1982) Ltd is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.