Nova Scotia Building Supplies (1982) Ltd. - Blockhouse, NS
Nova Scotia Building Supplies (1982) Ltd. is locally owned and operated, and we continue to grow with our community. Our mission is to provide the finest quality home improvement products with exceptional service at fair and competitive prices. We are looking for an experienced drafts-person/estimator interested in joining our dynamic team of professionals.
Work on a variety of projects to develop construction plans and material take-offs required to support our growing business. Prepare material estimates required for construction projects as submitted by contractors, customers and company sales associates.
The successful candidate must meet or exceed the following qualifications:
- AutoCAD experience required and knowledge of Softplan Software would be an asset.
- Ability to produce and read construction drawings.
- Skills needed to develop plans consisting of building specifications, floor plans, foundation drawings, site layouts, sections, details, (and more) as required to meet/exceed building code related requirements, and clients needs.
- Ability to provide accurate estimates for both residential and commercial projects. Identify factors affecting costs, such as production time, materials, and labor.
- Willingness to collaborate with suppliers, engineers, clients, and contractors in order to calculate, analyze, and adjust estimates.
- General knowledge of building techniques and materials.
- Willingness to work with sales teams to prepare estimates and bids for clients.
- Ability to build a trustworthy relationship with clients and suppliers.
- Minimum 4-year construction related degree or Architectural Drafting degree/certificate with previous professional drafting experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and be able to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivator with a positive attitude and willingness to learn more.
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team setting.
- Service-minded with excellent communication skills.
- Prepare materials estimates for projects.
- Create custom drawing packages.
- Conduct occasional job site visits and/or inspections.
- Maintain knowledge of municipal building code.
- Keep abreast of all building code updates.
- Fill in on the contractor order desk and customer service desk as required.
- Assume other duties as required by the manager.
- A safe work environment
- Competitive wages with direct deposit
- Discretionary bonuses
- Employee discount
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan RRSP plan
- Paid Holidays
- Snow Closure Days
- Clothing Budget
- Opportunities for growth and career advancement
- Training and development
- Closed Sundays
- Company events and outings
- Good people to work with!
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Email your resume to:
Store Manager, Curtis Saulnier
Drop-off or Mail your resume to:
Nova Scotia Building Supplies (1982) Ltd
459 Highway 325, Blockhouse, N.S.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Nova Scotia Building Supplies (1982) Ltd is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.